Flipping Marvellous Fruit Pancakes
Spice up Shrove Tuesday with these strawberry, blueberry and cinnamon pancakes. Easy to make and tasty enough to ensure they go down a treat with the whole family – and not just on Pancake Day.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
150g self-raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
2 tbsp icing sugar
½ ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
50g chopped Strawberries
1 splash sunflower oil
1 drizzle of cream
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, icing sugar and ground cinnamon. Crack the eggs into the flour and whisk together until you get a smooth paste.
- Add the milk gradually until you have a thick batter, then add the strawberries and blueberries.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add 10g butter and a small splash of sunflower oil. Once sizzling, use a tablespoon to drop the batter into the pan, in one fluid motion.
- Wait 30 seconds until small bubbles appear, flip the pancakes for a further 30 seconds. Remove from the pan and keep warm whilst cooking the rest. Half way through, add the remaining butter and more oil if necessary.
- Serve with runny cream or maple syrup