Have you visited Oak Tree Animals’ Charity yet?
Throughout 2019 this fantastic local animal charity will be celebrating its 110th Birthday. If you would like to help them celebrate, please get involved.
This could be by going to their events, becoming a regular giver or taking on your very own fundraising challenge to raise much needed funds.
Oak Tree Animals’ Charity, located in Wetheral Shields, near Carlisle has a great deal to offer. Not only is it a centre for the local community to seek expert advice for their cats, dogs and horses, the charity tackles issues affecting the community including feral cat colonies and animal hoarding to improve animal welfare in our region. The Oak Tree team also work proactively to ensure pets and owners are able to stay together wherever possible and avoid unnecessary stress.
You can directly help local animals in need in a number of ways:
- Pay a visit to the Barkery Tearoom / Tack Shack / Bric-a-Brac / Playground / Blackburn Woods
- Browse Oak Tree’s Charity Shop in the Lanes (near Debenhams)
- Volunteer some time
- Hold your very own fundraiser or take on a challenge
- Sponsor a resident animal
- Join their lottery
- Donate items to the shop
- Consider adopting an animal
- Become a fosterer
- Make a donation
- Spread the word – tell someone you know about this great charity!
- Sign up to our regular E-news
All money raised goes towards helping local animals in need. Do your bit if you can and they will achieve so much more together. In 2018 Oak Tree helped more than 1,400 animals in our region and we want to help even more this year.
The Charity’s main site at Oak Tree Farm is open 7 days a week, 10.00am – 4.00pm.
Oak Tree’s Charity Shop in the Lanes, Carlisle, is open Monday – Saturday, 10am – 4pm